Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day to day life with Adult ADD

I have decided to start this blog so that I can help with the general public's view of adults with Adult ADD. I myself am a 25 year old who at 23 just could not understand why I worked all day to clean up the house only to never get anything done. With this a light bulb came on, and I began doing research. Seeing all of my friends and family keep a clean home with ease I knew that I could do it too. When getting diagnosed with Adult ADD I was a little worried because I had never really heard of it. I just thought it was little kids who could not sit still no matter what you did.
Prior to being diagnosed here is an example of my typical day of cleaning.
Start the dishes about half way through remember that there was a cup in the living room, and go to get it. On my way I realize that something is spilled on the floor. Go to grab the mop and realize I need to put a load of laundry in. Gather laundry to put a load in. Put in the washing machine. Need to get the kids dressed now, go to find clothes. Get mad because none of the outfits are together. And on and on like this all day.
I tried lists, but would lose interest in those very quickly. I still stuggle with it on an everyday basis, but with the help of my medication I feel that it is a normal level that everyone else goes through. All this being said I will be posting a lot about how I deal on an everyday basis.

1 comment:

  1. HI there,

    Great to see another blog from an aware adult with ADHD. Your numbers are growing and, thank goodness, are vastly outpacing the nonsense about ADHD. Hurrah!

    Keep us posted on your progress.
    Gina Pera, author
    Is It You, Me, or Adult A.D.D.?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for supporting my blog!